Monday, June 30, 2014

Flying Geese

Yesterday I was out in the yard doing some clean-up, when I heard a noise.

I followed the noise, up, way up, in the sky, and this is what I saw:

Not having my camera right beside me, and knowing the geese would be gone before I got inside and back out again, I stole borrowed this picture from the internet. 

I love fall, the colors, the crisp air, the sounds of the geese (going where I wish I could go for a little while).

And isn’t this a good time to use Flying Geese in a quilt?  This is the closest I’ve come lately:

DSCN9936_thumb[1]

A little fuzzy, sorry, but that’s what happens when you try to enlarge a small piece of a picture.  Anyway, this is Circle of Geese, one of Linda’s Stashbuster blocks.

A number of years ago, I did this wall-hanging for my mother:003. Flying geese.jpg

The Flying Geese strips are paper pieced, my first foray into that method, then appliqued on top of the background.

Happy fall!                   Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment