Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Christmas is Really Coming

And we know that for sure when the first Christmas Craft Fair opens its doors.  We went to one yesterday:004005006

Oh, the goodies!  Oh, the ideas!  So many lovely items I wanted to take home!  But this was all I bought:

009These won’t actually be used for Christmas decorations, but rather to put on the table outside our front door – in January.  I like to recognize the seasons with front door deco, and these will just do the trick for January.  I’m considering these a birthday gift.

Today is actually my birthday, and the snowmen weren’t my first gift.  A few days ago, Grizz had his first outing when he could drive himself.  He brought these home for me:

010

We put them in our bedroom because it’s cooler there and they might last a little longer that way.  I’ll bring them out to put on the table when the kids come for dinner tonight.

The cool rainy weather has set in, but we’ve had a few reprieves.  On one, I headed out the back door and discovered:

001

These may be the last of the roses to come in the house, and I couldn’t cut the stems very long, because there’s more out there.  I wanted to give them the chance to bloom if it’s going to happen.  It’s a little dicey, because it may get too cold to properly prune back the bush before these bloom.  Oh, well, will enjoy them as long as I can.

On another reprieve, the sun hung a rainbow across the hill just a little way off.  We managed to get this picture:003

The rainbow seemed to make the colors on the hill just that much more brilliant.  I love rainbows, they always remind me of the promises of God.

Happy promises!                      Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment