Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wednesday’s Words and Hodgepodge

I’m baaaccckkk!   Yes, missed the last couple of weeks as we were away for vacation, but ready to dive in and share a little more of myself.  I’ll be linked to Hodgepodge, click on the icon on my right side-bar if you want to read more of what people have to say.

 

1. Times Square is the setting for the infamous ball drop signaling a brand new year....when did you last 'drop the ball' on something?

Just this past summer.  After the floods in southern Alberta, there was a drive to collect quilts for the evacuated families.  I meant, I really did, to ‘whip’ one or two up, but somehow it just didn’t happen.  But I do have an extra quilt top here, will find another charity and send it along.


2. What is one thing you resolved to do in 2013 that you actually did?

I joined an on-line group challenging quilters to ‘Get ‘Em Done or Use It Up’ (finish those UFO’s and/or use up stash).  I did great finishing up the UFOs, mostly because there weren’t a lot.

This stack of scrap quilts needed binding

108.Stack of scraps quilts

This BOM was all together except for borders and then of course quilting and binding

116. Countryfolk BOM

This block exchange sat for quite a while before I got around to it, but it was done before Christmas

134.Snowdays table topper

And I used up stash for a lot of small projects, plus a couple of quilts:Stashbusters 2013

3. Jack London is quoted as saying, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Agree or disagree? Why? 

Sometimes I agree and sometimes not.  At times I just am inspired, no idea where the thoughts come from, but just know what I want to do.  Other times, I need books and quilt shows and internet searches to find my inspiration.

4. What was the best thing you ate in 2013?

Not being a foodie, I don’t pay that much attention to what I’m eating, beyond the few minutes while I’m eating it.  But I do have to say the brined, smoked turkey for Christmas dinner was fabulous!  Probably even better because I didn’t have anything to do with the cooking of it!


5.  Share an anti-resolution...that is, something you plan to keep on doing in the new year.

Love the best I can, share the most I can, laugh as often as I can.


6. The Pantone color of the year for 2014 is radiant orchid.  Like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

I like it, it’s soft and yet vibrant.  But there’s none of it in my home or wardrobe, because I tend toward using more fall-type colors.  But maybe I should think about adding it to my wardrobe, it might look good with my silver hair LOL!


7. In three words or less sum up your 2013.

Family and fun.

Family and fun 2013
 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It truly has been a wonderful year.  We’ve had lots of family times, lots of food, lots of reminiscing.  We welcomed two new family members, and celebrated our love and joy with and in each other.  Looking forward to more of the same in the coming year. 

And wishing that all of you have a wonderful 2014!

Blessings,      Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment