Sunday, March 23, 2014

Monday’s ‘Musement

When did being polite become the butt of jokes?

This was on FB a few days ago:

I was always told to be polite, especially to my elders.  My father always opened doors for ladies, got the car door for my mother, walked on the outside of the sidewalk.  My mother always said ‘please’ and ‘thank you’.  We were always told to share whatever we had with whoever else was around – toys, food, space on the couch.  My sister and I even had to help with the dishes at my cousins’ house when we arrived after dinner and they were still cleaning up. 

What’s wrong with that? 

Is it just me, or is our world getting less considerate and more selfish all the time?

And why is it that if you are polite, you must be Canadian, and that’s a slur?  I say, let’s be polite, and let’s be proud to be a polite Canadian.  And if other nationalities are polite, and mistaken for a Canadian – well, then, welcome to the club!

Just my humble opinion!            Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment