Sunday, March 2, 2014

Breaking the Silence

It’s been over a week since my last post, and I thought it was time I let you all in on what’s been going on since then.

We arrived in Alberta last week Tuesday, and have spent most of our time since then with our children and granddaughter.  We even got a morning of babysitting!

An afternoon BBQ had all of us – Grizz and me, three children and their spouses and our granddaughter all in one place at the same time!  Nothing warms this mother/grandmother heart more!

And here they are:228

LV was just about ready to head for bed when we took this picture.

And as you can see little Eli will be joining us soon.  We don’t know yet boy or girl, but one thing we do know for sure, there’s a baby there.

In between our family times, we spent a day at the Calgary Highland Games.  Grizz was judging, I was score-keeping, and DS-J was competing.  The evening before the Games, we were treated to dinner at Big T’s BBQ and Smokehouse.  Huge platters of food224

More than we could eat at our end of the table:

225

But the big guys polished it off for us.

Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me (a police incident at the hotel precluded us from returning to our room to get our things before heading out to the Games – now that was interesting!), so have no pictures of my own to share.  I pulled a couple of pics from FB of our DS-J competing elsewhere recently.  This first one is just after he’s tossed the hammer (14 or 22 lb.) about 100 feet out into the field.

This next one is as he has ‘picked’ the caber and starting his walk before he tosses it:

I see that Lynn has copyrighted these pictures, so hope I’m not breaking any laws in sharing them with you (they were on FB after all).

Then we had a day for us to do our ‘tourist’ thing, and we headed out to the Bar U ranch – I’ll share pictures and stories from there in a separate post.

Today it’s pouring rain, so we’re having a bit of a lazy day indoors, will probably do some cleaning as we’ll be parking the trailer for the winter when we get home.

It’s been a great vacation time, full of travel, sight-seeing, relaxing, family and fun.

Happy travels!                 Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment