Saturday, March 29, 2014

It Was a Race

As we left the Calgary area a few days ago, we happened on a bike race.  I always wonder at people who like to ride bikes, sitting on those little tiny seats … with their backs to traffic.  Not for me, but apparently fun for some.

There must have been thousands, we drove past about 40 km of bikers.  Around every corner, topping every rise, it was bicyclists as far as we could see:

178

Some riders had numbers on their backs, the largest I noticed was 1940.

Some scary moments, when cars wanted to pass on the right side (yes, at those times it was a 4-lane road, but still most drivers wanted to stay away from the bikers), and when bikers would try to pass each other moving out into the car lane and cars couldn’t move over.

Kudos to them, but I’ll either drive, or walk facing traffic so I know what’s coming at me!

Happy races!                          Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment