Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It Must be Fall

When the quilt shows start to abound.  There were two in our area this past weekend, and my Sis-in-law joined me.  Here’s a sampling of what we saw:

002

003004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

005

006007008010

 

 

This little biker was embarrassed to be seen at a quilt show, even with a Harley quilt:

009011012016017018019021

There were lots of Jelly Roll 1600 (Race) quilts this year.  I overheard somebody recently say that they knew of a quilter who built one of these tops in 45 minutes.  Have you done one?  What is your fastest time?  I’ve done a couple – took me about 1.5 hours if I remember correctly.

020

At the local yarn and needlework shop display, they had their own version of a patchwork quilt.  I wanted the pattern, but it only came with a kit, so I took a closer look.  It’s literally knitted squares, sewn together, placed on point.  I think I can even do that!!!!  Just might need a lesson from my knitter sister how to make the set-in triangles on the edges. 

013

But if you need any further proof that fall has arrived, just take a look at the colors around.  This is the tree in our front yard:022

The colors are much more rich in real than they show in this picture, and make me want a quilt in that color.

Happy inspiration!             Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment