Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sisters Quilt Show part X

Coming to the end.  I hope you’ve enjoyed the show, and really truly hope that someday you’ll have the opportunity to see it for yourself, if you haven’t already.  It’s truly amazing, and worth the visit.

Be prepared, though, for crowds and heat (I did hear that one year it rained on the show, but think that was a rare occurrence for this area at this time of the year).

The vendors were there, so you could shop – for quilts and fabrics and crafts and food and…… Did I shop?  Yes, but found I was so overwhelmed with it all, and getting very tired with the heat, that I only bought one small piece of fabric.

114.Vendors

115

 

At a lovely oasis in the center of town, there was an opportunity to get out of the heat – and be entertained:

117.Oasis

116.Entertainment

And here a mural depicted the flavor of the day, and some of the essence of Sisters, Oregon:

118.Mural

It was a trip worth taking, and I hope to be able to do it again in a few years!

Happy quilt show!           Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment