Sunday, April 27, 2014

New Beginnings–a Linky Party

My blogger friend, Thea at California Dreamin’, has started a Linky Party – New Beginnings, a place to showcase a new beginning each month this year.

For myself, I have a whole list of ‘new beginnings’ for this year.  And, of course, each of those will (hopefully) become a ‘new finish’

So, I’ve linked up – do you want to join in?  Head on over and add your blog to the list, we’d love to see what your new beginnings are!

My new beginning this month is a kid’s story quilt.  This is a pattern I dreamt (literally) up myself a few years back, and quickly did a proto-type and wrote out the instructions.  Then last year I joined in the April A-Z Challenge and made a number of applique animal blocks.  I’ve combined the two, and this is on my design wall now:

 

004

Here’s a couple of the animal blocks behind the letters:

005

I’m going to try for a finish a month, and this month I have a quilt (top left over from last year) all sandwiched waiting for quilting.  Fingers crossed I get to it in the next few days; once I start it won’t take long and then (hopefully) I’ll have a January finish to show you.

Happy linking party!              Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment