- FEATURES OF THIS MIL-SPEC PARACORD 550: 100% Nylon, EIGHT (not seven!) removable twisted inner strands, each made up of THREE (not two!) twisted inside strands. Includes a visible Manufacturer's Colored Identification Marker Strand of either GREEN or YELLOW. Preshrunk, and will not rot or mildew. Resists ultra-violet light, abrasion and tangling. Average breaking strength is in excess of 600 pounds.
- DESCRIPTION OF THIS MIL SPEC PARACORD: 110 ft. (not 100 ft!) hanks of Jungle Camo Type III Paracord 550. 100% compliant with Mil-Spec (Military Specification) C-5040H, and 100% compliant with The Berry Amendment. Manufactured in the U.S.A. by our Certified U.S. Government Manufacturer with U.S. sourced materials. Paracord is also referred to as: parachute cord, 550 paracord, 550 parachute cord, 550 cord, survival cord, paracord rope, paracord string, parachute rope, military cord, cord for bracelets, survival cord, military cord, tactical cord & utility cord, among many other names.
- WHAT IS MILSPEC PARACORD? Type III mil spec 550 parachute cord is an inexpensive, lightweight, tough and durable Kernmantle rope with truly extraordinary breaking strength, especially relative to its small diameter. It was initially developed by the United States military for use as parachute suspension lines during World War II. It continues to be used on both military and civilian parachutes today. Paracord is now manufactured in two general varieties: (1) tightly-defined Military Specification or "Mil-Spec" Paracord, and (2) undefined "Commercial" Paracord. Mil Spec Paracord is stronger and more reliable than "commercial" Paracord. Mil-Spec Paracord is also more flexible and "supple" than commercial paracord, making it an easy choice for crafters and hobbyists to use when making paracord bracelets and other paracord projects. Because of its small size, portability, affordability, versatility and exceptional breaking strength, mil spec 550 military cord has become a favorite survival, utility and crafting rope or cord used daily by both military and civilian personnel, sportsmen and hobbyists throughout the world.
- WHO USES MIL-SPEC PARACORD? Personnel in the Military, Paramilitary, National Guard and Military Reserve. Emergency Response Personnel: Police and other Law Enforcement, Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, First Responders and other Rescue Personnel. Hobbyists, Survivalists, Landscapers, Bicyclists, Warehousers, Logging and Lumber Workers, Roofers, Home Builders, Home Painters, Landscapers, Road and Street Construction Workers, Truckers, Boy and Girl Scouts, Household Movers, Farmers and Ranchers, Students and Teachers. Sportsmen: Hunters, Fishermen, Campers, Hikers, Boaters and Canoers, Scuba Divers, Surfers, Riders of All Terrain Vehicles, Backpackers, Families on Picnics, and SO many more.
- WHAT CAN PARACORD BE USED FOR? Securing or lashing luggage or gear, clothesline, shoe or boot laces, emergency stitches, starting a fire, emergency tourniquet, grips on knives, axes or other hand tools, rifle sling, holder strap for sunglasses, zipper pull, learning to tie knots, whistle lanyard, pulling out a loose tooth, tie off a 6-pack of beer to cool it by submerging it into a cold lake or stream, make a net, tie a door open or closed, tent rope, hang a sign, fish stringer, tie a label onto a suitcase or luggage, phone case, macrame projects, paracord bracelet, key fob, self-defense weapon (monkey fist), mark off "wet paint" area, dog collar, dog run line, sew a button on, tie a fly, snare or trap, net, fishing line or trotline, repair wicker furniture, necklace, secure electrical or electronic cords together, string Christmas or other decorative lights, crabbing, lash a boat to the dock, boat anchor line, tie climbing vines to trellis, tie an inner tube raft together, sling or splint for an injured limb, "soft patch" repair a hose or pipe, string cans together for an alarm, string "just married" cans together and tie to a car, suspend food out of reach from wild animals, restring a baseball glove, hang a bicycle or tools in the garage, basketball hoop net, flag halyard line, hammock, hang a bird feeder, bundle firewood together, fencing, tie hanks of paracord so that they don't get tangled, macrame projects, binoculars strap, dental floss, sandal strap, bow drill for starting a fire, support a pole for a lean-to shelter, flashlight lanyard, rope off a perimeter fence, hang a piata, tie a surfboard to an ankle strap, attach a water bottle to a backpack or belt, hang rolls of duct tape in the garage, attach boat bumpers to a boat, snowshoes, pull dead limbs from a tree for a campfire ... and SO much more.
List Price: $21.97
Special Offer: check this out!
- 50 Black, 1/2" (13mm), NON-ADJUSTING, Contoured Side-Release Buckles. Designed for Paracord Bracelets!
- ParaCord Spool Tool - Holds Up To 100' of Parachute Cord
- Paracord / Parachute Cord - 750lb Mil-C-5040-H Type IV. This is the actual parachute cord used by the US Military. It is the Best Paracord available to the public and made by a US Government Certified Manufacturer. This Paracord is rated to 750 pounds (beating the average "550 paracord" by 200 pounds!) Our Cord Rocks! But you don't have to take our word for it. See Our Many Expert Reviews.
- 375BKSN Adamas Fixed Benchmade Knife Sibert Design Black w/ Sand Sheath
- UCO Stormproof Match Kit with Waterproof Case, 25 Stormproof Matches and 3 Strikers
Earn "Bragging Rights" because YOU have Genuine 8-Strand, Mil-Spec C-5040H, Type III 550 Paracord.
Manufactured in the U.S. by a U.S. Military Veteran-Owned Business.
Yes, "real" MilSpec Paracord is stronger & more reliable than "commercial"
parachute cord. The differences are well-defined but not well-understood.
THIS Mil-Spec Paracord is compliant with the very specific U. S. Military Specification C-5040H and includes:
- 8 twisted Inner Strands
- EACH Inner Strand is made up of THREE (not two) twisted Inside Strands
- uniquely colored ID Marker Strand
- 100% Nylon
- Average Breaking Strength over 600 lbs.
Commercial Paracord only has:
-no single manufacturing standard
-usually 7 or 6 twisted or straight inner strands
-usually TWO (not three) twisted or straight Inside Strands
-various materials & breaking strengths
THIS Paracord is 100% Compliant with Mil-Spec C-5040H and The Berry Amendment.
Military & civilian paratroopers have trusted their lives to THIS Parachute Cord for decades.
Enjoy Being CONFIDENT & DEPENDABLE - DON'T Get Caught UNPREPARED!
- Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Parachuting, Motorcycling & ATV's
- Make a Paracord Bracelet, Key Fob, Leash, Lanyard, or Decorative Knot
- Hobbiests, Home, Garage, Gardening, Landscaping & Roofing
- Military, Paramilitary, Paracord Survival Strategies & "Bug Out Bags"
- Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services & Rescue Personnel
- Automotive Emergency Kits, Boating, Scuba Diving, Cycling, Arts & Crafts
- Farming, Ranching, Construction, Picnics & SO Much More!
YOUR Mil Spec Paracord will "Outrank" Your Friends' Commercial Paracords,
Guaranteed! And YOU Can Explain the Important Differences to Them!
Imagine Yourself being More Reliable & Prepared - Starting NOW!
Click on the "Add to Cart" button above before prices increase.